Is Customer Happiness Attainable
CUSTOMER HAPPINESS - IS IT REALLY ATTAINABLE?
Some businesses keep close tabs on how their customers are feeling and aim to keep them satisfied at all times. An example of this type of customer centric approach is Amazon, where the customer is always right and they have taken away all the risk associated with purchasing products online with their return policy, super fast shipping and low prices.
Customer satisfaction and ease to deal with form the backbone in the all important customer retention space.
Did you know that it costs most businesses 7 times more to attract a new client to the business than to keep an existing one?
To attract a new customer you have likely spent money on advertising or a promotion to gain their trust in you before they will open their wallet. While an existing client has the trust which you have already delivered on.
A few simple ways to keep your customers happy and to keep them as a client is to acknowledge how much you value them:
- This can be by personalising how you deal with them
- Remember their name or their past orders.
- Asking them for their feedback because you really value their opinion
- Give them something!! This could be a gift card or coupon to use for their next order with you or it might be some sample products for them to try or it may be a promotional product that they can use. EVERYONE loves a great pen and if it has your name and number on it, you will stay in their minds!
5 Ways To Keep Your Customers Happy
1. Listen to what your clients are telling you – before, during and after your sale, service or transaction. Seek and respond to feedback. This is invaluable to your business.
2. Get to know your client’s world – beyond listening to what your client is telling you, do your own research so that you can engage in meaningful conversations with your client about what your client does and what they’re interested in.
3. Respond promptly to calls, emails and messages – even if you can’t respond fully, an acknowledgement that you’ve received their communication will be appreciated. If you need help managing inbound communications, get it.
4. Do what you say you’re going to do – being reliable and dependable builds trust and will allow you to forge a stronger connection with your clients. This means you need to pro-actively manage your commitments, be realistic, start and finish things on time and respect time (your own time and your client’s time).
5. Keep in touch – get your contacts database up to date, set a client contact calendar and make sure you’re offering something of value to your client in each interaction.
At Aurelius Advisory we can help you develop some customer retention practices to help make the most of your marketing budget.
Spend a little more time on keeping your existing clients feeling appreciated and you will soon grow an impressive customer base to keep in touch with. The bottom line is that better customer retention results in brand advocates which lead to better business profitability.
If you are not sure how to improve your profitability - we have a few tips here 5 Profit Improvement Tips